Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon
Teknikally Insane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Remove logon screen frame
Disk Fixer??? EmptyAugust 18th 2014, 12:03 am by ItsTheRice

» Skyrim Modding on Consoles Should be Allowed
Disk Fixer??? EmptyFebruary 21st 2013, 12:51 am by Ravenwolf

» The Walking Dead Game
Disk Fixer??? EmptyFebruary 20th 2013, 11:10 pm by EclipseDragon

» Non-Stream Art
Disk Fixer??? EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 1:03 pm by EclipseDragon

» Assassin's Creed III review
Disk Fixer??? EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 4:17 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Lucius The Game
Disk Fixer??? EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 3:40 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Greatest Game Villian
Disk Fixer??? EmptySeptember 21st 2012, 4:39 pm by ZaChiSonoNai

» PCSX2 (ps2 emulator)
Disk Fixer??? EmptyAugust 10th 2012, 2:45 pm by Ravenwolf

» Livestreams
Disk Fixer??? EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 5:31 pm by EclipseDragon

» Cry of Fear Mod
Disk Fixer??? EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 12:36 pm by EclipseDragon

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on August 3rd 2017, 3:04 am
Statistics
We have 95 registered users
The newest registered user is rashmigarden

Our users have posted a total of 519 messages in 105 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Disk Fixer???

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Disk Fixer??? Empty Disk Fixer??? February 10th 2011, 9:12 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

O.k. I need to know if I've been hoodwinked, and I need to know NOW. I recently purchased GameStop Disk Skip Fixer, which is said to actually repair scratched games. If anyone else has made a purchase, does it actually work? And if so, then what are you doing, because my disks still have their original scratches on them from when I bought them at yard sales. scratch

2Disk Fixer??? Empty Re: Disk Fixer??? February 10th 2011, 9:19 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

Eclipse they aren't all pop a disc in and it will work, what kind is it? Can you describe the actual Disc Fixer? BTW this topic is moved to the Helpdesk

3Disk Fixer??? Empty Re: Disk Fixer??? February 10th 2011, 9:34 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Th3 B@ckd00r wrote:what kind is it? Can you describe the actual Disc Fixer?

I tried it on PS2, PS1, and DVD. No progress after multiple attempts on all. The solution itself is some kind of beige color.
Directions:
1-Shake well and apply to afflicted area. Using clean, soft cloth, rub back and forth at a right angle to scratch
2-When scratches are removed/reduced, reapply with short circular strokes. Then, let dry.
3- With clean portion of cloth, buff to sheen with short circular strokes.

4Disk Fixer??? Empty Re: Disk Fixer??? February 10th 2011, 9:41 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

Well, I would try to buff it longer, as in try to use it for 20 minutes straight, but make sure you keep it even, then buff it off with that cloth that's softer like glasses cloths for 10 minutes then try to wash it off and dry it with a really soft cloth, tell me if you see a difference in the disc.

5Disk Fixer??? Empty Re: Disk Fixer??? February 11th 2011, 11:04 pm

ZaChiSonoNai

ZaChiSonoNai

hey lemme kno if it works cuz i need to fix my gameshark. things r expensive as hell now and i have one but does anyone kno y the damn things quit working after a while? p.o.s.

6Disk Fixer??? Empty Re: Disk Fixer??? February 12th 2011, 11:51 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

I'm wondering myself to see if this stuff worked, hoping Eclipse posts back soon Surprised I'm just gonna get one of those disc doctors, the $40 is worth it for $300 worth in software.

7Disk Fixer??? Empty Re: Disk Fixer??? February 14th 2011, 1:52 pm

ZaChiSonoNai

ZaChiSonoNai

ya but for video games its kinda waste. things to much damn money hate it

8Disk Fixer??? Empty Re: Disk Fixer??? March 2nd 2011, 11:32 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

Alrighty then, since Eclipse hasn't posted back in a few days, I went and bought the stuff, I gotta say for how cheap it is (retail-wise, I can get much cheaper online through other sources) it really saves the bacon, and the cloths that come with it work absolutely great, ut you only get 2 of them I ended up cutting a t-shirt apart and using that and I find it a better substitute than the cloths, you could also try out dried up baby wipes because the cloths have a very similar quality to them. I repaired my gameshark by coincidence ZaChi, works great and requires only a lil elbow grease because it works like an abrasive, not a filler, works out those bigger scratches no problem at all, the smaller ones you could use the plastic solution for a total repair which I am going to do, BTW Eclipse my mistake, DON'T wash the solution off just wait for it to dry and wipe it off dry with short circular motions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum