Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon
Teknikally Insane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Remove logon screen frame
The Walking Dead Game EmptyAugust 18th 2014, 12:03 am by ItsTheRice

» Skyrim Modding on Consoles Should be Allowed
The Walking Dead Game EmptyFebruary 21st 2013, 12:51 am by Ravenwolf

» The Walking Dead Game
The Walking Dead Game EmptyFebruary 20th 2013, 11:10 pm by EclipseDragon

» Non-Stream Art
The Walking Dead Game EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 1:03 pm by EclipseDragon

» Assassin's Creed III review
The Walking Dead Game EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 4:17 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Lucius The Game
The Walking Dead Game EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 3:40 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Greatest Game Villian
The Walking Dead Game EmptySeptember 21st 2012, 4:39 pm by ZaChiSonoNai

» PCSX2 (ps2 emulator)
The Walking Dead Game EmptyAugust 10th 2012, 2:45 pm by Ravenwolf

» Livestreams
The Walking Dead Game EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 5:31 pm by EclipseDragon

» Cry of Fear Mod
The Walking Dead Game EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 12:36 pm by EclipseDragon

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 27 on August 3rd 2017, 3:04 am
Statistics
We have 95 registered users
The newest registered user is rashmigarden

Our users have posted a total of 519 messages in 105 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Walking Dead Game

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Walking Dead Game Empty The Walking Dead Game December 6th 2012, 1:46 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

To start things off, let me say that I am not that emotional of a gamer. I do let myself get attached to certain characters, yes, but I don't exactly get all teary eyed when something sad happens, or so worked up that I actually scream. However, this game... this game...

The Walking Dead Game is made by Telltale Studios, and has roots in both the original comic and show. I bout it out a pure chance to try something that is both horror, and different. (KF and L4D2 can only be played so much...)

The Plot: 10
Original. Amazing. Everything positive that can be said, WILL be said. You play Lee Everett, a man on his way to jail for killing a senator that was sleeping with your wife, when the whole outbreak happens. Stuff happens, and up end up taking care of a little 8 year old named Clementine. The choices you make about how to handle situations with change your story greatly. Lie, or tell the truth? Is is right to kill someone, in a specific circumstance? So many things can change your game, making YOUR story an original.

Originality: 9

I've seen The Walking Dead. I've seen the emotions people tend to display. The emotional roller coaster I've seen people do... just Yikes. This is rather original, even though it is based off of something that already exists.

Sound: 9
A simple, yet haunting tune plays during peaceful scenes dramatic, yet bad ass music plays when things get intense. I'll admit, I was paying more attention to the story than the music. However, when you just sit down and let the game do it's thing, listening to the background... just lovely. Also, the sounds are AMAZING. People actually sound like people. No choppy voice acting here, folks. This should be the STANDARD for both script writing and voice acting. The sound effects are nice, like when you use a fire ax to sink into the skull of a Walker, but the voice acting... JAW DROPPING.

Graphics: 10
Reminiscent of Borderlands. That's what the characters look like, if you compare the style. Not many graphical issues, as far as I can tell. Otherwords: GORGEOUS.

Features: 5
Just a simple, one player story. Sure, the choose your own adventure style is nice. However, not much else really comes with it.

Support: 3
Ugh... this one is a little heartbreaking. Even though the developers did their best, I lost my save file. I bought the game BEFORE all the episodes were out, so I had to wait patiently for each part of the story before reaching the climax. Halfway through, my file save got lost after I downloaded Episode 4. Real kick to the balls. Not sure how others fared, though.

Final: 10
THIS GAME. Again, I don't get emotional over an electronic thing. However, this is an exception. The choices you make, the steps you take, all lead to one MAJOR climax. I couldn't handle it. I cried my eyes out, horribly sobbing. Clem, Lee, Kenny, and every other character. You get attached with the wonderful story, you get drawn in with their individual past and personalities. Everything about this game is just FANTASTIC.

On a side note, I wanna add Lee Everett in the honorary 'Hall of Awesomeness' for reasons I cannot say. Will add the page up soon, and monitor it with an iron will.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2The Walking Dead Game Empty Congradulations! December 8th 2012, 12:51 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

As of last night, 'The Walking Dead' has received 5 awards at the Tenth Annual Spike Video Game Awards~

These include:

Best Female Voice Actor

Best Downloadable Game

Best Adapted Game

Best Game Company

and...

GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

Shocked Laughing king queen lol! afro

Congratulations 'Telltale Games'! You deserved it!

3The Walking Dead Game Empty Re: The Walking Dead Game December 15th 2012, 8:23 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

More Awards for 'The Walking Dead'!

Lee Everett is Game Informers #1 "Hero of the Year"

They also won several more points in other categories, but THIS is the one that stands out~

4The Walking Dead Game Empty Re: The Walking Dead Game December 19th 2012, 1:45 am

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

*whistles* Shocked

Wow, I heard great things from this game, but Hero of the year is definately right up there with the best of the best. Who gave the award though?

5The Walking Dead Game Empty Re: The Walking Dead Game January 19th 2013, 7:44 pm

ZaChiSonoNai

ZaChiSonoNai

I still won't play this game. Seems rather dull and drab. Like a sir.

6The Walking Dead Game Empty Re: The Walking Dead Game January 19th 2013, 7:47 pm

ZaChiSonoNai

ZaChiSonoNai

Also it stole Assassins Creeds place of game of the year. I can't even look at it anymore becuase it became so depressing.... Crying or Very sad

7The Walking Dead Game Empty Re: The Walking Dead Game February 20th 2013, 11:10 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Game Informer gave 'Hero of the Year', and 'Roadtrip From Hell', an event in Episode 3, is second place on the 'Greatest Moments' list in the same issue. Telltlae, THANK YOU FOR THE GAME!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum