Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon
Teknikally Insane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Remove logon screen frame
Wtf is with that stupid psp go? EmptyAugust 18th 2014, 12:03 am by ItsTheRice

» Skyrim Modding on Consoles Should be Allowed
Wtf is with that stupid psp go? EmptyFebruary 21st 2013, 12:51 am by Ravenwolf

» The Walking Dead Game
Wtf is with that stupid psp go? EmptyFebruary 20th 2013, 11:10 pm by EclipseDragon

» Non-Stream Art
Wtf is with that stupid psp go? EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 1:03 pm by EclipseDragon

» Assassin's Creed III review
Wtf is with that stupid psp go? EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 4:17 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Lucius The Game
Wtf is with that stupid psp go? EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 3:40 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Greatest Game Villian
Wtf is with that stupid psp go? EmptySeptember 21st 2012, 4:39 pm by ZaChiSonoNai

» PCSX2 (ps2 emulator)
Wtf is with that stupid psp go? EmptyAugust 10th 2012, 2:45 pm by Ravenwolf

» Livestreams
Wtf is with that stupid psp go? EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 5:31 pm by EclipseDragon

» Cry of Fear Mod
Wtf is with that stupid psp go? EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 12:36 pm by EclipseDragon

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on August 3rd 2017, 3:04 am
Statistics
We have 95 registered users
The newest registered user is rashmigarden

Our users have posted a total of 519 messages in 105 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wtf is with that stupid psp go?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Wtf is with that stupid psp go? February 9th 2011, 3:23 pm

ZaChiSonoNai

ZaChiSonoNai

seriously that thing is useless in my thoughts. someone plz tell me its not Evil or Very Mad

2Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? February 9th 2011, 7:22 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well, it does seem quite useless. Even though it has up to 16 gigabytes of storage, you need the game downloaded onto it. That, in my opinion, is just plain sad. That means if you just traded in normal PSP for a PSP Go, you just lost all of your game data because you cannot change the memory sticks in it. And to add insult to injury, you are gonna have to get rid of all your UMD disks just because it has no UMD drive. Then, you have to find digital copies of them, if they even EXIST, meaning a waste of time and money. Overall, it just puts Sony to shame... Sad

3Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? February 10th 2011, 1:00 am

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

@ZaChi- Welcome to the forums, and use proper English and grammar when posting please, and also why would it be useless? It seems a step up considering that flash RAM and ROM is 20x faster than any disc in production today. Less loading times, less to carry around, and you don't have to swap out UMD discs when you you want to play something else.

Well, if you own the games and the PSP Go, there's no reason for you not to own a backup of the game, unless Sony directly says so in their agreement clause. I doubt it though, I like using backups, keeps my originals in tip-top shape while I can keep playing, so long as it isn't pirating. Sony has probably thought of this though and you can probably download those games for free with proof of purchase.

4Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? February 10th 2011, 2:03 pm

ZaChiSonoNai

ZaChiSonoNai

well unless you are using a hack system yes the perks are there in the speed and that. But.. the thing is so useless in the fact that there is no memory upgrades and one game could take half of your memory on its own. The thing shoulda came with at least close to 20+ gigs of storage power. Any less and its a one game only kinda thing. I myself would stick to the old system hack it and keep a back up PSP on hand in case of bricking.

5Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? February 10th 2011, 7:18 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

I bet there's a work around in terms of storage, I'll see if I can find one..... Might get one of these myself one day if I have the cash handy

6Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? February 11th 2011, 12:32 am

ZaChiSonoNai

ZaChiSonoNai

id risk a brick personally. but hey do wat u wanna. i c that its smaller and has good battery but a bigger memory is all im saying man. thats all. i hacked all my games to begin with so idc about trying to find isos all the time i kno my sources. i got a great website for it. its soo pretty.

7Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? February 21st 2011, 5:42 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Personally, I wouldn't bother. They have car chargers and such for gaming while a buddy is driving for a normal PSP. I'm fine with UMD disks. Overall, I'm just sticking with a normal PSP.

8Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? February 28th 2011, 2:48 pm

ZaChiSonoNai

ZaChiSonoNai

im with him the new one on the other hand all touchy feely might trade or buy

9Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? March 1st 2011, 12:25 am

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

So....

Pros
Bigger and faster storage
Better on battery life
Improved Wi-Fi functions
Higher screen resolution
Dual analog sticks
Backward compatibilities?
EDIT* Forgot the touchscreen

Cons
No UMD drive
No hacks for backups

Hmmm.... Seems to me the benefits definitely outweigh the costs and I guarantee that they'll add something in so you can at least convert/use your UMD drive games with your new PSP. It's worth it when you wait, if you can wait a good 5-6 months the price will go down by 50-60% of the original price. I dunno about how effective the trade-ins are in correspondence to the PSPs... I would definitely get one though for the newer Monster Hunter games........

10Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? March 2nd 2011, 1:50 pm

ZaChiSonoNai

ZaChiSonoNai

ya/ it seems lik a good deal. ill wait about a month before i buy tto see what techniacl bugs there r

11Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? March 2nd 2011, 7:48 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

I would think that there would be issues galore for the first 3 months so I would wait an additional 3 just to get the price down. You might not be able to be the first to get one, but remember the first PSPs? Sure they were awesome but they were REALLY buggy, some even so much as refused to play games until the firmware was updated to fix it, back as far as the 1.50 firmware my cousin bought one of these things and had serious wi-fi connectivity problems. I dunno but I would wait a while especially since it'll take people like Total_Noob, MaTiAz and others a while to crack the newer PSPs for homebrew software as well, since they are no doubt moving to a newer CPU architecture. I also hope that they'll move on to a better system as well considering 2 mb of eDRAM for video moving along at 2.60 Gb/sec seems a bit aged, if not wacked. They could easily do 16-64 mb for what they are going to sell these new ones for, see how beautiful those games are at 2 mb? imagine 4 or 8? Imagine 64 mb and 512 mb of dedicated system RAM with a 1ghz chip in it instead of the CXD1876 (222 mhz approx.) they have in there now, these games would be fucking gorgeous... Not to mention it would be worth the 300 in cash.

12Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? March 21st 2011, 6:37 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Now they are coming out with a PSP Phone and a PSP Touch. All I have to say is this:

WHAT THE HECK?!?

I mean, sure Apple is making new stuff, but are you FREAKING SERIOUS?! I'm sure people have different opinions, and this is mine. Don't outdate yourself. If it works fine the way it is, keep it. Sure a few small upgrades, like in processing power, are fine, but constantly updating a system can be a real pain in the arse.

13Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? March 22nd 2011, 12:20 am

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

I recently added the related topics thing to the forum

Related to this topic
ยป Alcohol and migraine

Made me laugh so much because of what a pain these new PSPs are going to be, no need for speculation now, this part is easy when they come out with new PSP games, buy whatever you want then upload them to your computer and run them in an emulator. You own the PSP and the game, you're just not using them the way it was intended, trust me your jaw will drop seeing these games in 1280x800 Wide-screen with 16x anti-aliasing, full antisoptric filtering on, and the sound up-sampled to quadraphonic (with subwoofer, so 4.1) surround sound. Play these with a hacked PS2 controller for USB and you'll be saying "PSP-whaaa?" Changes your life, well the gaming portion of it, I think you'll find these new PSPs for media purposes more than gaming.

14Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? March 22nd 2011, 9:08 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hm. You have a point. But they are pumping out these things as fast as Apple with i*insert name here*. That is what I'm saying.

15Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? March 23rd 2011, 11:48 am

Ravenwolf

Ravenwolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well it mite look good and all on the computer but you are missing the hole portable part of the PSP. Its not like the ps2 witch needs to be hocked up to a tv to play.

http://sites.google.com/site/basementallangroup/

16Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? March 24th 2011, 10:26 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

WEll, I meant this as a solution for the older UMD games if Sony doesn't want to work that out, and can't the PSP hook up to a TV anyways?

17Wtf is with that stupid psp go? Empty Re: Wtf is with that stupid psp go? June 8th 2011, 10:49 pm

ZaChiSonoNai

ZaChiSonoNai

ya but u gotta buy the cord. i toatly forgot about me complaining about this thing. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum