Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon
Teknikally Insane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Remove logon screen frame
Killing Floor; where to from here? EmptyAugust 18th 2014, 12:03 am by ItsTheRice

» Skyrim Modding on Consoles Should be Allowed
Killing Floor; where to from here? EmptyFebruary 21st 2013, 12:51 am by Ravenwolf

» The Walking Dead Game
Killing Floor; where to from here? EmptyFebruary 20th 2013, 11:10 pm by EclipseDragon

» Non-Stream Art
Killing Floor; where to from here? EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 1:03 pm by EclipseDragon

» Assassin's Creed III review
Killing Floor; where to from here? EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 4:17 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Lucius The Game
Killing Floor; where to from here? EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 3:40 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Greatest Game Villian
Killing Floor; where to from here? EmptySeptember 21st 2012, 4:39 pm by ZaChiSonoNai

» PCSX2 (ps2 emulator)
Killing Floor; where to from here? EmptyAugust 10th 2012, 2:45 pm by Ravenwolf

» Livestreams
Killing Floor; where to from here? EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 5:31 pm by EclipseDragon

» Cry of Fear Mod
Killing Floor; where to from here? EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 12:36 pm by EclipseDragon

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 27 on August 3rd 2017, 3:04 am
Statistics
We have 95 registered users
The newest registered user is rashmigarden

Our users have posted a total of 519 messages in 105 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Killing Floor; where to from here?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Killing Floor; where to from here? March 2nd 2011, 7:22 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

So as you may all know the game Killing Floor, all of you who don't listen up. This game is a horror survival that works fiercely with coop for a set number of rounds. At the end of the number of rounds there is a final boss called the Patriarch, a baddie coupled with a giant claw and a Gatling gun, FYI he also cloaks so be careful. But there's a set number of classes and such and a great number of custom maps and mods, but I have to ask, where to now Tripwire? Are you going to make a sequel or what? I mean some of these REALLY good game developers take far too much time to make a sequel and by that time, it's too little too late. Anyone else have a take on this here?

2Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? March 4th 2011, 7:03 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hmm, that is a good question. Hope that they do. The 'sealing doors' thing works well, and the enemies WILL give you a sense of a dire situation. If they do make a sequel, wonder what else they will add...

3Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? March 5th 2011, 3:23 am

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

Hopefully some enemies that crawl on walls and ceilings etc. flying ones, more weapons, 4-16 player coop for open story or something. Definitely need more than just the Patriarch and his goonies though... This and vehicles, day/night cycle weather effects and more.

4Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? March 14th 2011, 1:09 pm

Ravenwolf

Ravenwolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well if they used the unreal 4 engine that would greatly improve graphics. After many updates the game does have many more guns and the fan base for maps is pretty good. It would be the best if it was not a Steam game but can you do about that. It really is amazing what you can do with the unreal engine.

http://sites.google.com/site/basementallangroup/

5Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? March 18th 2011, 1:03 am

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

Exclamation WARNING (EXTREMELY) LONG POST!!!! Exclamation
This is what I believe the Unreal 4 Engine could do....

Just imagine.... Bloaters and Stalkers coming from the western hallway and Husks from the North, after escaping their fiery blasts you turn the corner and see several sirens heading your way, screaming their bloody lungs out while rubble is falling from the ceilings and walls and lights failing. You run through a door and weld it behind you, as you turn around a fleshpound crashes through the wall sending steel shards and drywall flying towards you as you duck to avoid them, the shards become embedded into the counter. you peek over the counter top to see the fleshpound tear one of your buddies to pieces splattering his remains all over the room, then turns and comes crashing towards you. You roll out of harm's way just in time as one of his club-fists swings downwards toward your skull. Annihilating the counters and everything around he turns his face towards you and his blood-foam encrusted lips open to reveal dozens of razor-like teeth as he leaps towards you, but you were ready and with a quick dodge to the right, you fire your dual .50 cal. hand-cannons at his skull, watching in horror as the bullets bounce off of his steel mask, causing bullets to ricochet and rip through anything in their path including yours and your comrade's armor. As you buddy tries to hold the giant off the door you just welded earlier explodes and hundreds of clots come trawling through any openings they can get through. One of the windows breaks from another one of your comrade's failed barrage of bullets, his face pales as he reaches the end of his clip, you make a motion towards the window and he follows, he plants some C4 while running and jumps, on your own jump out you turn and detonate the charge, a huge fireball engulfs the screen as you're thrown out of the building 3 stories up. you luckily land in a carcass filled dumpster, while your buddy wasn't so lucky. You help him to his feet and give him a shot of adrenaline. You both slowly make your way down the alleyway towards your extraction point, only half a block away. Jumping at every sound, every scuttle makes you flinch. When you let down your guard to contact the extraction chopper you hear a noise and watched eyes gaping as you see your comrade dragged screaming up a wall by crawlers, then suddenly there's hundreds more flooding the alleyway, realizing trying to free your comrade would be suicide, you run for the extraction grounds leaving your comrade screaming your name as he's slowly dismembered. As you reach the extraction grounds everything seems eerily quiet, no sounds, no wind, just the ever increasing sound of the chopper approaching the children's park. As the chopper nears, you hear a whizzing sound and half a second later the helicopter explodes into a spinning fireball that overpasses you and crashes towards the Earth. Through the flaming wreckage you see a dark silhouette that cries "I will make you pay for what you have done to my children" just then a whirring sound occurs and you realize that you're being fired at. You run for cover as explosions whirl around you and dive behind a rock not a split-second before the ground explodes behind you in a deafening rumble. As you get to your feet, you see him... The Patriarch... The very cause of this madness, his bloodshot eyes sending a shrill feeling of pure hatred and anger. You raise your bullpup and let him have it with 30 rounds of 5.7x23 mm lead, but with inhuman speed he moves out of harm's way and with a single bound covers 30 yards and slashes at you barely missing your neck by half an inch. You throw yourself away from this monster losing your weapon, drawing your knife and waiting for the last stand to come as you pick yourself up. The Patriarch walks towards you and you run at him, slashing and yelling, he avoids you effortlessly as he grabs your neck and picks you up 4 feet off of the ground, he snarls in your face and pulls back to make the ending move, you struggle to get your hand free, then you hear a sudden *ping as a pin to a grenade was pulled, you smile as you quickly shove the grenade into the creature's broken eye socket, the Patriarch screams in agony as he releases you. You choke and gasp for air as you run away from the blast zone. You are thrown off of your feet and slammed into a rock. After what seems like ages, you manage to stand up and stumble towards the smoldering crater you find no body in it's place. You hear a sound from behind you but you're too late to react as red hot streaks of pain emit from your chest and torso. You look down, dumbfounded as you see a claw stricken through your body, lifted up off of the ground and turned, your vision starts to flicker, and the last thing you see before you drift off into the void is the Patriarch's blood smitten and imploded face staring at you and laughing maniacally...... You then think to yourself "This isn't war... This is hell"..........

What do you think of that? A game like that would totally rock right? afro

6Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? March 21st 2011, 6:47 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Shocked .........

You have just given a voice to fear, as well as made one of thee MOST EPIC scenes I have ever expected in my LIFE...

7Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? March 22nd 2011, 12:43 am

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

Pfffff, I'm just that damn good... Lol, anyways I think this should sum up what the new killing floor should be like, gritty and dark like the last one, with a wee bit of humor on the side, but instead of being this no-big kinda deal that they made it, make it a huge deal. sure you could take on 10 clots, but what about 20, or 30? What's your breaking point? I want to see that Fleshpound charging at me so I shit my pants, No more of this "I got hit 80 billion times, no big deal I'll just heal right up" I want to see broken bones, blood loss, busted equipment. I want to see the most tooth and claw fighting for survival, not pansy ass monsters/mutants that make 5 year olds cry, now I may come off a bit harsh, but in all honesty they need a different engine to make it..... Well, better in every aspect. It was phenomenal at first, but so was counterstrike, AT FIRST, then it got repetitive. Remember how Left 4 Dead's original preview went on the air and it scared the shit out of you because there were like 500 zombies crawling EVERYWHERE? Well, imagine that but with mutants. They said an outbreak happened..... What outbreak? It seems more like these things were spawned out of the air rather than actually being a part of the environment. I'll simplify this:

Features Wanted:
-More weapons that you would find all across the world
-More realistic, smarter AI (They may be bloodthirsty mutants, but no way are they zombies)
-Bigger, more environmental maps (If I ignite an oil tanker to block off a road, I want there to be consequences)
-More bosses (Or at least different kinds)
-Struggle system (Like from Resident Evil 4, or Dead Space, but make it hard to escape and make it tiring and stressful but not repetitive, adds more drama and if you're stupid enough to get close to the mother fuckers than it's you're fault dumbass)
-Make the clots faster and more tough, or at least scarier
-A storyline
-Vehicles (For escape purposes, like extraction)
-Flying mutants for taking down helicopters

Basically Treyarch, make it a desperate war for survival, not a skirmish of pansy asses like what a lot of developers are doing. Separate yourselves from the gaming market and distinguish your game.

And also Eclipse, you think maybe I should be writing this shit? I just came up out of the blue with it actually.

*EDIT Lol Eclipse, there's my *deep literature* I was talking about in the other topic.

8Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? March 22nd 2011, 9:00 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wow, talk about being radical...
Well, I agree with ya. If you're gonna make that good, make an enemy so terrifying, forget crapping your pants. I'm talking FREAKING HEART ATTACK. Look at Pyramid Head (from Silent Hill 2). That is someone you don't wanna mess with. I want the same here. Make, like, some kind of mutant that truly installs fear until your soul is scarred for LIFE! Shocked

9Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? March 24th 2011, 11:03 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

Luckily, I have have no soul, sold it for a bag of peanuts at a Yankees game, and then I realized I didn't like peanuts.... No refunds my ass! But yeah, anyways I really don't think that they'll make a game like that anytime soon. And the developer is TripWire Interactive.... Not Treyarch, I dunno why I said that Razz . I at least would like it to be scarier and more worthwhile to play. And Radical? I'm more of a moderate with realist views and a conservative opinion, but if someone pisses me off I'll be quite liberal with them since I am such an independent. Laughing

10Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? April 6th 2011, 11:37 am

Ravenwolf

Ravenwolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well the makers of killing floor are focusing on the expansion packs, and if you want scary you should check out the Christmas one they did. It is very creepy.

11Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? April 7th 2011, 9:30 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

I'm hinting at the fact of a new game, new engine....... Retail instead of just steam........ But yeah, I just wanna see more content in the games and more options, I REALLY like struggle systems in which it takes some skill to execute, like in Dead Space, except WAY harder to escape, enough firepower in the skilled hands, but make it so it has some skill curve to it.

12Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? May 5th 2011, 12:15 am

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

I actually JUST heard rumors of Tripwire working on the new game, and that they're going to release the modding tools for it also.... Shocked Awesome! Imagine using ripped MW2/ UT2004/RSV2 weapons in the game, I smell a slaughter fest! And hopefully they take my story up above for account.

13Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? May 11th 2011, 5:36 pm

Ravenwolf

Ravenwolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Just because tripwire is making a new game, it does not mean it is killing floor 2. But we can all hope.

14Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? May 20th 2011, 11:59 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hope, dream, and eat alot of Sun Chips followed by some Dr. Pepper, lol.
I hope whatever they do, they better make it good. Very Happy

15Killing Floor; where to from here? Empty Re: Killing Floor; where to from here? May 23rd 2011, 10:08 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

I ate Doritos just now with some Dr. Pepper, that count? Laughing And I do hope Eclipse just cause it would be an amazing game..... That and the fact that like 12 gaming companies just went under.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum