Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon
Teknikally Insane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Remove logon screen frame
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) EmptyAugust 18th 2014, 12:03 am by ItsTheRice

» Skyrim Modding on Consoles Should be Allowed
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) EmptyFebruary 21st 2013, 12:51 am by Ravenwolf

» The Walking Dead Game
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) EmptyFebruary 20th 2013, 11:10 pm by EclipseDragon

» Non-Stream Art
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 1:03 pm by EclipseDragon

» Assassin's Creed III review
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 4:17 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Lucius The Game
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 3:40 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Greatest Game Villian
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) EmptySeptember 21st 2012, 4:39 pm by ZaChiSonoNai

» PCSX2 (ps2 emulator)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) EmptyAugust 10th 2012, 2:45 pm by Ravenwolf

» Livestreams
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 5:31 pm by EclipseDragon

» Cry of Fear Mod
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) EmptyAugust 7th 2012, 12:36 pm by EclipseDragon

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 27 on August 3rd 2017, 3:04 am
Statistics
We have 95 registered users
The newest registered user is rashmigarden

Our users have posted a total of 519 messages in 105 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) Empty The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) January 21st 2011, 12:52 am

Ravenwolf

Ravenwolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Skyrim is the fifth installment of the Elder Scrolls series and should be released November 11. 11-11-11

There is a article on it the Game Informer and the game looks like it will be the best one yet. I just pray they don't go the same way they went with for Fallout New Vegas and put steam on it.

There is a survey out there for if you will buy the game or not if it has steam.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KGQSLKP

http://sites.google.com/site/basementallangroup/

2The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) February 2nd 2011, 10:19 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ravenwolf wrote:

There is a article on it the Game Informer and the game looks like it will be the best one yet. I just pray they don't go the same way they went with for Fallout New Vegas and put steam on it.

I hate to sound like I have no idea what is going on, but what are you referring to when you say 'Steam'? Do you mean like the graphics engine or something?

3The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) February 2nd 2011, 11:54 pm

Uziman04

Uziman04
Admin
Admin

No Eclipse, steam is a distribution method made popular by Valve, Instead of buying games retail you can buy them online. saves companies from buying medias and burning them to discs.

In fact it works a lil like this...
Users who buy selected boxed games sold at retail stores are required to register the game on Steam with the included CD key, which will then be attached to the user's Steam account in the same way as a digital purchase. The game will then act in every way like a digital copy. All of Valve's post-Steam games are sold in this fashion, as are around 20 third party titles (most notably the Call of Duty series, from Modern Warfare 2 onward).[24]

According to Valve:
Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation. It is used to distribute games and related media online, from small independent developers to larger software houses. Steam also has community features, automated game updates, and in-game voice and chat functionality.

According to me and millions of other user out there who don't have DSL or highspeed:
It's shit and needs to be put down as the only kind of distribution, go back to retail so we can play games offline again. Besides, it doesn't hinder piracy it helps it. Support retail!

4The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) February 4th 2011, 10:06 pm

EclipseDragon

EclipseDragon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

In that case, I prefer retail. Now it makes a ton of sense. However, I take it companies want to have gamers register their games, am I right? They try to give people incentives to register.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum