Teknikally Insane
Either this is your first time, or you're currently not logged in...

If this is your first time here, take the time to sign up. It literally takes only a few minutes and it will help the site grow. Sure, you have to sign over your soul, and sacrifice a three-headed goat to the gods of Narheplottemer, but it's well worth it. Alright, so you don't have to do that stuff, but what you *must* do is sign up, seriously, this site gets so much guest traffic it's unbelievable. And I can't have this site grow on guests.

Admin - Uziman04

Mods - Ravenwolf, EclipseDragon
Latest topics
» Remove logon screen frame
August 18th 2014, 12:03 am by ItsTheRice

» Skyrim Modding on Consoles Should be Allowed
February 21st 2013, 12:51 am by Ravenwolf

» The Walking Dead Game
February 20th 2013, 11:10 pm by EclipseDragon

» Non-Stream Art
December 6th 2012, 1:03 pm by EclipseDragon

» Assassin's Creed III review
December 6th 2012, 4:17 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Lucius The Game
December 6th 2012, 3:40 am by ZaChiSonoNai

» Greatest Game Villian
September 21st 2012, 4:39 pm by ZaChiSonoNai

» PCSX2 (ps2 emulator)
August 10th 2012, 2:45 pm by Ravenwolf

» Livestreams
August 7th 2012, 5:31 pm by EclipseDragon

» Cry of Fear Mod
August 7th 2012, 12:36 pm by EclipseDragon

Top posting users this month

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 27 on August 3rd 2017, 3:04 am
Statistics
We have 95 registered users
The newest registered user is rashmigarden

Our users have posted a total of 519 messages in 105 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

PS3 LASER ANYONE!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 PS3 LASER ANYONE!? on April 14th 2011, 3:36 am

Spoiler:
Well then, I gained a free PS3 over a week ago from a customer who didn't want it fixed, and said take it and left. The Muther fucking piece of cock suckin shit took forever to get working and all works except for the bluray drive........... So after 4-5 hours, 3-4 coffees, (I don't drink it but once in a blue moon), and 76 ZZTOP, ELO, KISS (and 2 tracks of Styx; renegade) songs later of tweaking it every which way, I got it to read a DVD for an astounding and utterly BUTT-FUCKING 5 minutes!!!! This included rewiring and completely redoing part of the TRASH fucking laser. I attached a laser diode and reassembled the fucking thing and re-soldered 2 leads that must of melted off when it fucking overheated. Then I realized (saying sarcastically) "Oh I just FUCKING SHORT CIRCUITED THE WHOLE GODDAMN MUTHA................... So anyways after I desoldered the unit, and fixed it, then I found it STILL wouldn't work, so I took the FUCKING thing apart AGAIN!!!!!! And found a burnt connection (WHAT THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE DOING TO THESE THINGS??!!!!) So I replaced the stupid FUCKING .0000000000000000000 (insert infinity symbol here!) 1 mm wire back into the DICKWAD casing of the plug which is like trying to eye a needle with one arm while getting fucked in the ass with a 2x4. Then the drive was REASSEMBLED and inserted back into the FUCKING PS3, I turned it on and to my joyous relief, loaded Monster Hunter, that is until it CRASHED and BURNED 5 minutes later, now I am sitting here typing away at my insanity-crazed caffeine hyper-self while looking for a suitable replacement laser at 2:30 in the morning.... Crazy!? I think not!!!!
*Edited* Because that was a hell of a night......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

...You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

I aim to please... Although, you should know ahead of time that I don't aim very high.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~|~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~|~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

2 Re: PS3 LASER ANYONE!? on April 17th 2011, 12:10 pm

EclipseDragon

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
That is understandable. I'm trying to find you a Blu-Ray drive, but nothings turning up. Sorry. Sad

Memento Mori

"Remember your mortality."
"Remember you will die."
View user profile

3 Re: PS3 LASER ANYONE!? on April 17th 2011, 11:44 pm

Nah, lol I've given up looking. I might just jailbreak the sucker and buy a game and then download the torrent of it, it really beats buyin a new console. And plus I think that I've narrowed the problem down the the IC controller board or the motor. Buy em both and replace both parts, then replace the laser if need be, if I can find a good price I will buy a whole drive.

...You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

I aim to please... Although, you should know ahead of time that I don't aim very high.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~|~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~|~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]